Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stepping Out

I hit the road today. My first "long" walk (so to speak), about 90 minutes. I didn't even really intend to go that far. Sometimes I just start walking and keep going. I had some time to kill and it was a nice day, so I figured, hey, why not.

I am quite aware of the fact that my running blog STILL hasn't had much running in it. I think that's an expectation that you, Dear Reader, will have to let go of for the time being. But no worries, I'm still going to bust out the content. Life throws a bunch of funky shit at you now and then that is quite entertaining if you look at it the right way.

And hell yes, I was walking in my Veebs. I even threw in a bit of a jog here and there (don't get too excited, it was only 30 seconds at a time), but it felt pretty good. I didn't do much because I hadn't truly prepared for "working out" and didn't want to sweat up my cute outfit that day. Yeah, that sounded totally girly, I know.

I have a big stint of work coming up - massaging, FedEx-ing, rinse and repeat - so I don't think I'll even see my Veebs let alone get to put some miles on them. I'm going to miss them. In order to make it up to them, I shall give them a spin in the washing machine to sexy them up.

A friend of mine is getting to attend a barefoot running clinic in Boston! So jealous. I gave her a fresh copy of "Born To Run" so she could have it signed by the author. I can't wait to hear all about the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment