Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Breaking Through the Busted Gait

I've been plugging along recently, trying to keep my outings to about 3 miles total. Overall, I've been feeling pretty good, but I've noticed a nagging problem with my right foot. I think my gait is busted. At the end of a run I felt a pain near the base of my big toe, coupled with the signature white bubble of a forming blister. Not good. Blister? What? I'm wearing Veebs! I'm invincible in Veebs! Apparently not. Very disappointing. I'm not giving up on the Veebs though. I feel like retreating back to a pair of running shoes will undermine all the progress I've made in technique. The only shoe I would go back to would be a minimalist sneaker, but laying down some moolah right now doesn't appeal to me. So I shall stick with my KSOs.

Additionally frustrating is I've noticed that my ankle is just not giving me the range of motion I used to have. Hopefully this will continue to improve with time and when the screws break, which I've been told is what they are supposed to do. Believe me, I asked my surgeon about this. If I was going to feel my ankle pop, or do something crazy, I wanted to know what to expect. Keeping up a running regimen is going to prove difficult. I'm taking on more FedEx work this summer, which either leaves me completely tapped out at the end of a day, or I'm out so late that it gets dark. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment