Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Panda Gets a Run Buddy

When I started this blog, I was gung-ho and ready to go. In the back of my mind I knew there would be times where my chronology would falter. This appears to have begun. Lucky for you, I am a recap master!

Life got busy the past couple of weeks - delivering long hours just wiped me out. During the day as I deliver, I try to run back and forth from the house to the truck in what I call "Interval Training". I'm sure I might look super sketchy running to a house, dropping a box, and then running away, but hey, that's how I roll. And it gets me done faster - woohoo!

The biggest development lately is that I've finally worn down my hubby. For months now, Ben has been listening to my FiveFingers ranting and gushing over running style, running shoes versus minimalist wear, and my half marathon plans.  One day, he finally said, "That's it. I'm getting my own pair of Veebs." When reason fails, good old fashion persistence takes over.

He didn't stop there. After wearing his black camo KSOs to work a few times, he says "You know, I'm going to start running with you. Support your efforts so I would know what you were going through in your training." Brilliant! I had visions of us becoming like those super cool couples who get all sexy and athletic looking while out on various outdoor adventures.

So here we go! Mr. and Mrs. Veebs, hitting the road and clocking the miles. If we get as sexy as I hope we will, I'll be sure to take some photos and put out a calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment