Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fun Times in FiveFingers!

Summer is...how should I phrase this...AWESOME. The sun shines longer, the warm breezes blow through open windows, and life seems a bit more carefree.

Ben and I took advantage of this carefree attitude and hit a couple of favorite swimming holes. Do you even need to ask what we wore on our feet? Ben and I love kayaking and we usually struggle with footwear. Flip-flops fall off, old sneakers hold water and get heavy, "water shoes" tend to slide around on our feet.  This is the first time I had taken my Veebs out on a non-running excursion and I was excited to see how they would perform in water. I was not disappointed.

The first location was purely wading, enjoying the sights, and picking up a smooth black stone here and there (I can't resist the smooth ones). I know I've said this a thousand times, but it was like I wasn't even wearing shoes. No slipping on rocks (unless they were really mossy) and no sliding in the shoes themselves. Flexing and moving my little toes as much as I liked. Enough talk - photo time!

Complete with ankle scar!

The second location was more swimming, less wading. A mountainside stream pouring over rocks, clear and cold. It took me about 10 minutes of wading before I got brave enough to plunge myself into the fast moving and chilly water. Maybe I shouldn't have picked a day right after a big rainstorm. As before, my feet felt like...well, feet. I kicked and swam and wasn't held back by drag or sliding around. Thoroughly awesome.

People never fail to ask me if the Veebs are comfortable. I always answer with, "Well, are your feet comfortable?" Yes. Yes, they are. I'm loving and appreciating my feet more all the time. Go feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment